Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: 288k on feePay

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    He must have cause they're gone. Good grab Tinman.

  2. #12
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    Yes I did, I've been scrounging trying to find another pair and I dont know how I missed these. I've been watching a pair or 291s for a week for a little more. I picked up a pair of old style ones from bill at gpa a couple weeks ago and mounted them in 803 horns on my a7s temporarily while I'm waiting for my drivers for the 210 cabinets. Man they sound nice and I don't know if I can take them off now. I also can find a local pair of 1003 horns so I think I'll pick them up for the a210 cabinets.
    These drivers will work for the 1003 s even if I have to send them to gpa for new diaphragms.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member A7fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Location
    Pacifc Northwest
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    Always good to see someone on this board pick up on one of Old Guys heads up calls. Keep us posted, some pics would be great.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member
    288k on feePay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    In a different world I would have been all over them. But now, I might even have a pair if I looked hard enough. When I shut down operations and moved to the farm, a lot of stuff got packed away and hasn't seen daylight since.

    Someday gotta get around to it. Fer sure not on days like Friday, 20 below chill factor. Ohio winters are nuts, with 30-40 degree changes in one day. A lot of difference between 60 and 20.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #15
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    Oh I can oblige if you guys like pics

    photo3-vi.jpg
    Here are the wings I made for my 803 horns. My plan was to use these for the A210 cabinets when I get them finished

    IMG_0510-vi.jpg
    Here they are painted and with the little brackets I made. Still waiting on the turnbuckles to show up from McMaster Carr

    Hmmm... I have more but I'm getting a message the files are too large. Let me poke around and see what size I can reduce them to to post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tinpan; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member
    288k on feePay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    For large files try Photobucket. All you have to do is right click the image code, it will say copied, then paste that into your post. Of course, have to upload them to Photobucket first.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #17
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    I get the too large error on this forum for pics I have loaded on Fotki. Not always, just some times

    On another note, any idea where I can find the studs for the drivers that hold the horns on

    15

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member
    288k on feePay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    GPA has them.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    GPA has them.
    Wouln't any decent hardware store have them? They're not something special are they?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member
    288k on feePay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 288k on feePay

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Wouln't any decent hardware store have them? They're not something special are they?
    I wish you well in your search. I think they are 1/4-24 one inch. You will get a blank stare unless you can find somebody at an OLD hardware store. Interestingly enough, resembles an old Harley motor case stud.

    Stud - motor case, special 1/4-24" thread 1937-73 (4 needed) - 45 Restoration Company

    Disclaimer- been about 20 years since bolted one up...I repeat my suggestion to call GPA and confirm what I said. You MAY be able to get at a big fastener place...search locally for 'fasteners".
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.